LEAF Peepers

Monday, December 2, 2013

High Score!

Kerry may be after green dots. I'm after pine trees.




The green dots will give you a short term fix. A quick high. Pine trees take persistence and patience. Basically this is a hyper-miling gauge. The more conservatively you are driving, coasting gradually to stops, slow accelleration, letting speed drift down on inclines, the more the gauge circling the big tree fills. The more you keep the gauge full the faster you grow trees.

Since I left for work this morning at around 5am I was able to engage in some serious hyper-miling without annoying my fellow travelers (basically there weren't any.) I was able to grow two and a half trees. That driving also gave me an effective range (miles driven + remaining range) of 102 miles after the 25 mile commute.

In order to not be rude, I was a little less conservative on the way home but still managed to end the day with a very respectable effective range of 98 miles.

A couple of things I noticed. The first was that hard braking is counted against you as much as high acceleration. The other is that turning on the heat gives you a one segment penalty. Guess that's a no for toasty toes.  At least my hands and butt are warm.

Tomorrow I plan to drive like a normal person and see what the difference is.

Yesterday's Statistics
  • Description: Errands
  • Starting Range: 82 miles
  • Miles Driven:  18 miles
  • Ending Range: 64 miles
  • High Temperature: 35
  • Low Temperature: 30
  • Wind: 00
  • Average MPKWh: 3.9
  • Average MPG: 24.5
  • Energy Cost/KWh (Wind): $0.0899
  • Delivery Cost/KWh: $0.092
  • Unleaded Regular/Gallon MA: $3.414
  • Savings/Mile: $0.093
  • Total Savings: $1.67
  • Lifetime Savings: $22.46

No comments:

Post a Comment