LEAF Peepers

Monday, January 13, 2014

It's My Way or The Highway


Today it was the highway.  To work and back on the Mass Pike and 128 (95 to non-natives).  No back roads.  I tend to commute off hours and so can travel at actual highway speeds.

We're out of the Polar Vortex so there wasn't much pressure on the climate control so I figured today was going to be a good time to get over what I think is my last bit of range anxiety. The full highway commute adds about 10 miles and a lot of mph but cuts of a good bit of time.


Although I moderated my speed a bit more than in the Maxima, utilizing the cruise control to lighten my somewhat leaden foot, I did stay above the speed limit the whole time going between 60 and 75.

So how did I make out?  Check out the numbers. 

15 miles is  a nice cushion

Not too shabby miles/kWh either
Not too bad if I might say so myself. That 15 miles remaining is with climate control. Although as I noted the temperature is much better than the last few weeks.  Today was in the 40s and 50s. 

And oh yeah.  I blew by a Volt on Route 3 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment